B.SC. (Hospitality Studies)
Bachelor of science in Hospitality studies is a 3-year full time graduation course. The program is spread over3 years, divided into 6 semesters of six months each. The course is best suited for whose are seeking a career in the hospitality and services sector. A hospitality studies students will be taught the process of dealing in reception and treatment of guests.
Programme outcomes are a set of Competencies which students acquire at the end of graduation. On successful completion. they shall:
1. Have fundamental knowledge of Hospitality studies.
2. Gain the knowledge and the required skill standard for functioning of the core departments of any hotel.
3. Possess knowledge of proper sanitation, food safety procedures and methods, appropriate use of common kitchen and dining room management.
4. Develop competency and skill for increased employability.
5. Be adequately motivated to contribute to the development of society.
Eligibility: A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Bachelor of science (Hospitality studies) shall have passed standard XII/ 10+2 examination (any stream) from any recognized education board or its equivalent from India or abroad.
This program requires a student to obtain a minimum of 45% for reserved categories in the standard XII exam.