Women Development Cell(WDC)
Women empowerment and gender equality are the most important requirements for the enlistment and progress of our nation. In an effort to make SLRTDC a strong kernel of gender sensitization, the Women Development Cell (WDC) was constituted in November 2018 and is operating under the able convenorship of Dr. Sanjay G. Mishra. The Cell has both the faculty and students of the College as its members and works with an aim to create a gender-sensitized community within the campus as well as in the society. It has been organising varied academic, technical, medical, cultural and social events for the upliftment of women and spread the real importance of gender equality in the society through the College students.
- Living in a patriarchal society with deep rooted and socio-cultural values of male superiority, the objective of the Cell is to help build an egalitarian society.
- Helping female students live a balanced life where they neither lurk into depression nor take the abode of aggression.
- To stress upon the development of women in every sphere.
- To organize events and activities for women empowerment.
- To create an environment that will help women realize their full potential and give their best.
Moulding and enlightening the young minds and paving their way to grow into balanced and better human beings.
- To encourage female students to be self-reliant and economically independent.
- To instill positive self-esteem and confidence in the female students so that they can take the right decision in and for-their lives.
- Spreading awareness among the students about the social, legal and constitutional rights of women in order to prevent the exploitation based on gender.
- Making females cognizant about different kinds of violence – sexual, physical and mental – to further equip them with the knowledge and strength to fight against them.
- Creating awareness about the need for gender equality.
- Providing equal career opportunities to all the genders.
- Eliminating deep rooted beliefs of gender bias and discrimination.
The WDC believes in empowerment of girl students. The cell encourages the students to develop into confident individuals.
Departmental motto : Creating Awareness on issues of gender disparity and helping the boys and girls, men and women of the college to work together and acquire knowledge in the most stimulative and socially healthy environment.
- “Women Development Cell” organized an ‘On Pre-Marriage Counselling Program’ by Smt. Sai Lele for all the girl students for our College on 25th October, 2018.
- The Cell organized an ‘Orientation Programme’ on 30th August, 2019.
- ‘OH WOMANIYA’ Event was conducted by WDC for all girl students on 26th November, 2019. Various competitions were conducted during the event, witnessing an active participation and enthusiasm by all the students.
- The event “Saksham” was held on 27th January, 2021 for girls of SLRTDC. Various competitions were conducted during the event. It was a great success.
- “Self-Defence Sessions” were conducted by Mr. Virendra Agrwal, to teach various self-defense techniques to our girl students.
- “Arti-Stree” was a grand celebration for women’s day. Many competitions were organized for the students who actively participated and showed immense enthusiasm. Some of the events were:
- Nazariya-A group discussion on Feminism.
- Extempore- One minute information sharing on Famous Female Role models.
- Jeopardy- Quiz based on women’s history.
|1||Dr. Sanjay G. Mishra||Chairperson|
|2||Mrs. Shahista Agwan||Convenor|