Grievance And Counselling Cell
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring a strife-free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial student-student relationship, student-teacher relationship, etc.
- Encouraging the students to express their grievances/ problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion/Complaint Box is installed in front of the Administrative Block in which the students, who want to remain anonymous, put their grievances in writing and their suggestions for improving the academics/administration in the College.
- Advising students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising all the students to refrain from inciting students against other students, teachers and College administration
- Advising the staff to be affectionate to the students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
In the changing scenario, counseling cells play a vital role in an educational institution. Education stands for an overall development of a student and thus,a counseling cell, a facilitator.
The teachers in charge of the Counseling Cell sat together and shared their thoughts about the problems faced by students and they came to a conclusion that we need to promote the well-being of our students and empower them with life skills needed to face the challenges of this dynamic world. Each student is precious. No valuable life should be lost because of our ignorance. Let us observe and be more vigilant in dealing with students’ problems. Let us motivate the students to identify their inner strength which will enable them for their holistic development.
The College has an in-house counsellor to offer support and guidance to students in need of help. In addition to psychological support, career guidance is provided individually to help a student focus on his/her strength and thereby plan his/her success path.
- Enhancing mental health and creating awareness about mental health amongst students and teachers
- Designing and executing ‘Community Development Programme’ for mutual growth
- Developing entrepreneurship skills amongst students
- Film screening
- Visits to old age homes, animal hospitals, etc.
- Lectures and dialog sessions
- Appointment of Psychiatrist
- Formation of support group of parents of children suffering from delicate mental health
- Workshop on “Teenagers: Issues and Challenges Related to Mental Health”
To cope up with the growing levels of stress faced by the present generation, the College has adopted the mentorship scheme, wherein students are allotted to teachers, who work as their friend, philosopher and guide.
Support for “Slow Learners”
The college has introduced remedial classes for the weaker students. Mentor meetings and excellent teacher-learner communication that prevails in the campus helps to identify slow learners who are given informal assistance to improve their academic competence. During exams, half an hour extra time and the facility of a writer as per the University norms is provided to slow learners. Extra hours are devoted by the faculty to help them to understand the difficult modules in the syllabus.
MECHANISM FOR REDRESSAL OF GRIEVANCES OF STUDENTS and STAFF
- Grievance related to assessment
- Grievance related to victimization
- Grievance related to attendance
- Grievance related to charging of fees
- Grievance regarding conducting of examinations
- Harassment by colleagues, students, the teachers, etc.
- If a student is not satisfied with the decision of the department committee, he/she can submit an appeal to the Institute-level Grievance Committee within a week from the date of the receipt of the reply from the department-level committee.
- If the student is not satisfied with the redressal offered by the Institute-level Committee and feels that his/her grievance is not redressed, he/she can submit an appeal to the Central Grievance Redressal Committee within a week from the date of receipt of decision with the relevant details.
- While dealing with the complaint, the Committee, at all levels, will observe law of natural justice and hear the complainant and concerned people.
- While passing an order on any Grievance at any level the relevant provisions of Act/ Regulations should be kept in mind and no such order should be passed in contradiction of the same.
- The student will submit the application of Grievance or appeal to the Institute-level committee or Central Grievance Redressal Committee, as the case may be, through the Head of Department and Head of Institute concerned.
- Academic Matters : Related to timely issue of duplicate mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
- Financial matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from the library, hostels etc.
- Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers etc.
- The Cell will formally review all cases and will act according to the Management Policies.
- The Cell will give a report to the higher authorities about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from them.
Procedure for lodging complaint
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR REDRESSAL
- The final responsibility for grievance redressal rests with the Principal of the College.
- The college expects that grievance redressal be time bound and result-oriented. Every grievance is expected to be resolved within a reasonable period.
- The Grievance Redressal Cell of the college shall monitor status and progress of grievance redressal and shall furnish report on grievance redressal position to the Principal.
- Decisions of the Executive Council, Academic Council, Board of Studies and other administrative or academic committees constituted by the University;
- Decisions with regard to award of scholarship, fee concessions, medals etc;
- Decisions made by the University with regard to disciplinary matters and misconduct;
- Decisions of the University about admissions in any courses offered by the Institute;
- Decisions by competent authority on assessment and examination result.
Grievance & Counselling Committee
|1||Dr. Sanjay G. Mishra||Chairperson|
|2||Mrs. Saee Sawant||Convenor|
|3||Ms. Dimple Makhija||MEMBER|
|5.||Mr Nitin Jadhav||Clerical/OS|