Talking about computer science, two major degrees can be pursued by an aspirant: B.Sc. Computer Science and B. Tech Computer Science. Since the specialization is the same in these degrees, the academic curriculum revolves around the principles of computing and computational systems. Coming to the brass tacks, except for the specialization, there a lot of other parameters on which one can differentiate between the two.
Before taking a final decision, let’s first figure out what these degrees have to offer
B.Sc. Computer Science Overview
B.Sc stands for Bachelor of Science. This is a wider course as compared to BCA and does offer a reasonable degree of specialization in the last year. This course is more inclined towards procurement of knowledge and imparting the same to others through research B.Sc. Computer Science is a three-year degree program. The core concepts of computer science are taught under this program which includes the basic subject. B.Sc. Computer Science doesn’t impart knowledge about the development of computers or their systems; instead, it focuses on making students acquainted with the working of these systems and related languages.
B.Sc Computer Science Eligibility
To be eligible for the B.Sc Computer Science course, you must have passed from the science stream in Class 12, with physics, chemistry and maths as compulsory subjects.
- IT Dept
- Website Development
- Technical Support
The major job options include the following
- Application Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Systems Manager
- IT Consultant
- Systems Analyst
A B.Sc. Computer Science graduates can follow many postgraduate programs
Overview of B.Tech Computer Science Engineering
B.Tech is popularly known by the name of engineering by everyone. It offers the most specialization and is better per se as compared to both the above courses. B.Tech has comparatively the most number of students applying per year. B.Tech Computer Science Engineering is a four-year degree. As the name implies, it is an engineering degree, and unlike B.Sc. Computer Science, it includes all the advanced postulates of the discipline. Under B.Tech Computer Science Engineering students imbibe the theoretical and practical knowledge related to both computer software and hardware.
B. Tech Computer Science
Similar to B.Sc Computer Science, to be eligible for B.Tech CS, you must have passed out from the science stream in class 12, and have studied physics, chemistry and maths.
Some of the world’s most renowned companies that recruit Computer Science Engineers are given below:
The major job options include the following
- Design Engineer
- Solution Integrator
- Software Tester
- Software Engineer
- System Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Database Administrator
Average Salary Offered: INR 2 – 7 LPA
A B.Tech. Computer Science graduates can follow many postgraduate programs
M. Tech and M.E
both of these degrees revolve around the same discipline with the only difference being in the type of academic curriculum they have. Candidates wishing to make the right choice should know all the facts related to both of these degrees and ascertain which one matches more with their interests. By employing this method, picking the best option will become a cakewalk. Once you have made up your mind, the next step becomes choosing the best college. Due to the current pandemic situation, colleges have switched to online admissions, and candidates can Apply Online and easily get admission.
- Requirement Analysis: Initiating Requirement Engineering Process, Software Requirement Analysis, Flow Oriented Modeling, Requirement Analysis and Modeling Techniques, Characteristics and Components of SRS, Need for SRS etc.
- Software Project Management:Estimation in Project Planning Process.
- Risk Management:Risk Identification, RMMM Plan, Risk Projection and Risk Refinement etc
- Quality Management: Quality Concepts, Software Reviews, Software Quality Assurance, Metrics for Process and Projects.
- Design Engineering: Design Concepts, Data Design at the Architectural Level and Component Level, Software Architecture, Architectural Design Elements, Modeling Component Level Design, Mapping of Data Flow into Software Architecture
- Testing Strategies & Tactics: Strategic Approach to Software Testing, Software Testing Fundamentals, Black-Box Testing, Test Strategies for Conventional Software, Validation Testing, System Testing, White-Box Testing etc.
- Career Oriented Degree – B. Sc in computer science is a degree focused on careers. Shortly after graduation, the students found work and began their professional career.
- Techologically Advanced – Technology will be a big part of everyday life. Therefore, getting a technology-based degree will benefit over time.
- Occupational Safety – By B. Sc in computer science , you will get a job in the IT industry, which is one of the fastest growing and secure industries in the world. Jobs in this field are safe.
- High Pay Scale – B. Sc for computer science graduates earning a very good starting salary compared to other graduates, and this number is growing exponentially over the years. B. Sc graduates of computer science make good money in all of their work.
- Opens Doors of Higher Education – If you have a B. Sc in computer science courses, you can choose to continue studying. You can do courses like MCA, MBA or PGDM and get an amazing job.
- Intelligence: AI focuses on computer programs that can perform tasks that often require human ingenuity, such as decision making, speech recognition, inter-language translation, etc.
- Biocomputation:It focuses on computational challenges and solutions in the areas of biological and medical informatics.
- Computer and Network Security:This important field designs and develops secure and critical security systems that keep computers and global networks secure.
- Human-Computer Interaction:HCI focuses on user-focused design to improve computers and easy-to-use programs.
- Information Management:This broad field focuses on the creation, development, management and use of information to better understand and use data in the real world.
- Mobile Computing:It focuses on the development and development of mobile devices (such as smartphones).
- Planning:A computer program is a process that takes into account computers. There are many programming languages, including Java, Python, Ruby on Rails, C ++, and many more.
- Software Engineering:Design, develop, use, and modify computer software. This is just a taste of the many different fields offered by computer science. The possibilities are endless with computer science, especially as technology continues to evolve rapidly.
- Amazon Being the largest e-commerce company in the world leaves a lot of space for new graduate jobs; especially computer graduates.Amazon is also one of those companies that has seen a downturn in its economy since the COVID-19 epidemic. So, needless to say, it is one of the top computer science engineering companies at the moment.
- Deloitte Financial mogul, Deloitte is one of the world’s largest professional service networks. The company has a large network of economic forums, which need a large team of IT professionals.
- CGI CGI is the 5th largest independent and continuous IT and business and product services organization in the world. Founded in 1976, the company has grown into a corporation with 73k employees in more than 40 countries.
- Mindtree Mindtree is a well-known service provider to several of the world’s 2000 customers in the field of digital technology. Computer science graduates who want to start their careers on a high note should definitely strive for a career in this organization.
- Infosys The dream company of many IT professionals in India, Infosys is a global leader in technology and consulting services. Helps clients in more than 50 countries develop and implement digital transformation strategies.
- TCS The No.1 IT consultancy in India is without a doubt one of the best places to start your career; especially, for graduates of computer science. In fact, it is a well-known place for stable work.
- HCL The computer and software giant is no less than a clubhouse for students who have completed computer science. The main business function of the organization is in software development and service; a core object for graduate students.
- Google If Infosys is the dream company of IT professionals in India, working for Google Inc is the dream of any professional in the world.
- Wipro Wipro is another established and well-known technology service provider in India. The company is known for providing excellent career development, in particular, for newly graduated students.
- Tech Mahindra A regular member of India’s top 5 IT companies, Tech Mahindra is a great place for computer graduates to begin their professional life. The company has nearly 1000 customers who offer the opportunity to learn about the performance of almost every type of industry.
- IBM Most of you may not even know what IBM stands for as the company has made a brand name with its abbreviation. International Business Machines has been at the forefront of IT infrastructure and services since almost a century now.
- Microsoft What better place to start for computer graduates than a company that developed and redefined all computer knowledge?
- Emphasis Mphasis is a great place to find new graduate jobs. Mphasis is an equal opportunity and action to ensure the employer is committed to the various employees.
- HP Inc HP Inc is a technology component of HP that provides development for PCs and printers. The famous brand name itself, HP Inc is a solid start as one can find.