Science stream, which is the most line after 10th offers immense career opportunities in the field of technology and innovation. apart from the traditional medical and non-medical courses like MBBS, Mechanical Engineering , Computer Science, etc., there has been increasing enrollments across new age specialization programs like food Biotechnology , Aerospace Medicine , etc. these innovation fields of study have immense scope and offer a multitude of job in various industries. Among the various career choices in science, two of the most preferred fields are engineering and medical. Both these fields are highly competitive and offer excellent career opportunities. Both the fields have different eligibility requirements, which are mentioned below. For engineering, students need to opt physics, chemistry and maths as main subjects and must pass the class 12 exam. For a medical career, students are required to opt for biology compulsorily, along with physics and chemistry and should pass their class 12 exam.
Total students graduating from engineering and medical are among the highest in India.
Top High Salary Courses after 12th Science PCM
- Engineering Courses
- Architecture Courses
- B.Sc Computer Science
- Commercial Pilot Training
- M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- B.D.S (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
- B.Sc Nursing
- High Salary Courses Other than Engineering/Without Maths
- Homeopathy (B.H.M.S.)
- Forensic Science
- High Salary Courses after 12th PCB without NEET
- Management Courses
- Arts, Design & Media Courses
Top 20 High Salary Courses after 12th Science [PCMB]
“Which course is best after 12th Science?” is a question many science students ask themselves after completing 12th. Evaluating your interests after 12th is essential since it will help you pick the right specialization and career path especially in the Science stream as it has many high salaried courses after Science in PCB, PCM, without NEET, Management, Media, Designing, Arts, Technology, and so many more.
Here are the top 20 High Salary courses after 12th Science:
- Medicine: M.B.B.S.
- Engineering and Technology: B.Tech / B.E.
- B.Sc Information Technology
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.)
- B.Sc Computer Science
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Alternative Medicine Courses: B.H.M.S., B.A.M.S., Naturopathy Courses
- B.Sc in Nursing
- B.Sc in Biotechnology/Food Technology / Biochemistry
- B.Sc in Psychology
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Commercial Pilot Training
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (B.C.A)
- B.Sc Physics, B.Sc Chemistry, B.Sc Biology
- Paramedical Courses
- Management: B.B.A., B.M.S.
- B.Sc Aviation
- B.A. L.L.B (Bachelor of Law)
- B.Sc Statistics/B.Sc Maths
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
A bachelor-level degree course, M.B.B.S. is one of the most popular Medical Science courses opted for by students. Even though this course is offered by an array of universities across the world, to study this 5.5-year degree program, the candidates have to qualify for the NEET entrance exam. The average salary of fresh graduates varies between 50 lakhs-70 lakhs per year. Also Read: How to prepare for NEET
B.D.S (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
BDS is the most-sought after degree program after M.B.B.S. The average duration of the course is around 4.5 years which can vary from one university to another. The course trains the candidates in different areas related to the oral cavity. The starting salary of a dentist practicing abroad ranges between 20 lakhs- and 40 lakhs.
Another sought after high salary courses after 12th science is B.Sc Nursing. Offered by many institutes across the globe, the course trains students on the vital aspects of patient care including pre-and post-operative care. Running for a period of 4 years, the course graduates get a yearly salary between 29 lakhs – 34 lakhs.
High Salary Courses Other than Engineering/Without Maths
Now, let’s explore some of the other prominent high salary courses after 12 science other than Engineering and without the requirement of Maths in your 12th curriculum.
As the world is seeking varied forms of alternative medicine, opting for a BHMS course is another great option for science stream students. Homeopathy is emerging as a sought-after field and is among the prominent high salary courses after 12th science. B.H.M.S. spans across the duration of 5.5 years and at the completion of your degree program, you can explore a multitude of prospects in both public and private sector. Becoming a homeopathic doctor, you can expect to earn around 3-4.5 Lakhs per year .
Another key career domain in the healthcare arena, Pharmacy is an ideal field for those interested in exploring the study of how medications are created as well as prescribed to the customers. Being an interdisciplinary field, opting for a career in Pharmacy is also a great high salary option you can consider after 12th science. Interested students can opt for D Pharmacy to get a basic overview of this field and if you find yourself curious to delve deeper, then a Bachelor of Pharmacy is the next step to consider. Completing a degree in Pharmacy, one can choose from career prospects in Pharmaceutical companies, hospital or retail pharmacies, research organizations, amongst others and the salary in this domain can range somewhere from 3 Lakhs to 16 Lakhs per year.
In contemporary times, people are valuing mental health as much as giving importance to being physically fit. This has led to many aspirants getting interested in studying Psychology and exploring its different specializations be it Industrial Psychology, Counselling Psychology, or Clinical Psychology, amongst others. The average salary of a psychologist can be roughly between 2.5 to 3.5 lakhs per year in India and it will also depend on whether you take the path of a clinical psychologist or become a psychiatrist. Since there is a stark difference between a psychologist and psychiatrists mainly as per their academic qualifications. To become a Clinical Psychologist or a psychiatrist, you need to pursue a bachelor’s degree in medicine and then earn a specialization through MD and certification to become a psychologist, you can pursue Ph.D. in Psychology or a Doctorate in Psychology as the highest qualification.
An interdisciplinary field that combines Physics, Biology, and Chemistry, Forensic Science is also a striking career option to explore amongst the long list of high salary courses after 12th science. Opting for Forensic Science Course After the 12th, you will be equipped with the requisite training and skills to explore career prospects in the public sector as well as in research organizations. In India, the salary of a Forensic Scientist has estimated at around 3-4 lakhs per year.
This is a field that is pursued after the compilation of 12th boards from the science stream. Architecture is one who architect, build, design, or plan out the structure with skills of construction. They are highly involved in every phase of a building from developing an idea to constructing them with the concept. If one should pursue this career, they can opt Bachelors of Architecture (B.Arch.) program after compilation of their 10+2 from the science stream with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Maths).
It is totally a 5-year undergraduate program. This field also involves professional specializations in historic preservation, solar design, designing theory, or other related fields. After completing B. Arch, a student can continue the studies in the same field of a Post-graduation degree and apply to a Master of Architecture (M.Arch) program.
This is a demanded profession within and across India in the field of Science. The data scientist job is especially a profile of the analytical experts who are keen to adapt, learn, and perform professionally in collecting and interpreting the larger amount of analyzing the data. To become a data scientist a student must complete a degree in Bachelor of Science in Data Science. It is a 3-year undergraduate degree program.
Eligibility: 10+2 with science from any recognized board
Course: B.B.A Data Science and Analytics
Course fee: INR 50 thousand – 2 lakhs
Honors Degree Courses in Science
The honors degree course is a three to a four-year undergraduate degree program, where a student studied about the selected specialization of science stream. Bachelors of Science in the selected science field is generally pursued by those students who want to go for higher studies after completing their Undergraduate (Bachelor’s) degree program.
By this course study, a student will be an expert in a major subject. Below mentioned are the Honors degree science specializations. To pursue these honors courses a student must have studied science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English, and IT. Its requirement of subjects depends upon the selected specialization of science.
Duration: 4 years,
Eligibility: 10+2 years
|Doctor||M.B.B.S./B.D.S./B.H.M.S./B.U.M.S.||₹ 5 to 12 LPA|
|Architect||B.Arch||₹ 4 o 10 LPA|
|Pilot||Pilot License||₹ 6 to 10 LPA|
|Data Scientist||B.Tech from IT or Computer Science||₹ 3.5 to 9 LPA|
- MRNAT(Manav Rachna)
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced
- You Will Have A Variety Of Medical Career Opportunities:
Often overlooked, this reason is one of the most convincing. After graduation, you have a wide range of future career opportunities in the field of Medicine. There are more than 60 specials to choose from, so you are spoiled for choice.
View Masters in Medicine abroad You can choose to work in hospitals or other health facilities, research laboratories, or be part of the medical department in other fields of specialization. There are medical graduates who manage the cost of health care in the economic sphere or who contribute to the legal profession aimed at ensuring medical errors and protecting patients’ rights. It all starts with choosing the right course of study, including degree options such as:
- Degrees in Public Health
- Biomedicine degrees
- Dental degrees
- Physiotherapy degrees
- Pharmacy degrees
- Qualifications of nursing
- Animal titles
- Degree in Health Management
- Find Medical Services Anywhere In The World All over the world, there is a great deal of similarity in medical and practical knowledge. This means that by graduating from medical school or college in Europe, you can get a job and work in any hospital in South America or anywhere else in the world. This does not apply to many other instructions! One thing to keep in mind is that if English is not widely spoken in that country, you will need to learn a local language. That is important when communicating with patients and trying to understand their symptoms and their causes.
- Reduce Human Pain And Suffering If you have ever been hospitalized or visited people who were there, you know that those are some of the most difficult times in a person’s life. It is very easy for patients to feel hopeless and suffer even if the illness is incurable, or they should receive minimal medical intervention. This is where a great doctor or nurse can use empathy and human skills to make a difference. It is very important, to be honest with patients, but it is very important to encourage and give them hope. Many doctors and healthcare professionals recognize that dealing with patients and family members affects them deeply and often changes their perceptions about their job or their priorities in life. At those times, you remember why you decided to work in the early medical profession, and you feel fulfilled.
- Doctors Are In High Demand The world needs more doctors. According to the Telegraph, “In 2013, the World Health Organization (WHO) predicted that by 2030, low- and middle-income countries would be short of 14.5 million health professionals.” The need for health workers is also high in countries like the United States. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the recruitment of nurses and doctors/doctors is expected to grow between 7-12% by 2028.
- Health Care Services Provide Higher Wages And Occupational Safety Another important reason for choosing a career in Medicine is the stability of the work you will enjoy after graduation. This is especially important in lands where economic growth is still a problem and young people are struggling to find employment.
Wages are very high in developed countries, and you should not be surprised if you actually earn less in a country with less stable or less developed economies. With that in mind, here are the average salaries for certain health care services in the US, according to PayScale:
- Registered Nurse (RN) – 63,300 USD / year
- Dentist – 130,800 USD / year
- Pediatrician – 149,300 USD / year
- Family Physician / Physician – 184,100 USD / year
- Neurologist – 209,300 USD / year
- Oncologist – 259,000 USD / year
- Discover New Remedies And Medicines Through Medical Research Many students get into medical school because the human body is attractive. Whether we are talking about information that travels about 250 miles [400 km] an hour near our senses or our bodies are emitting light that our eyes cannot see, we are doing many wonderful things without realizing it. It is easy to see why a person would like and want to know all there is to know about our organs, tissues, and the way we work. This is why Medicine studies can only focus on improving the skills that work and work in a clinic. You can choose a medical degree that focuses on research and spend your time in labs, where you can test cells, perform tests, and discover new ways to improve our health and well-being.
- You Can Learn Medicine Online We know that med schools can be very expensive. If you decide to study abroad, you will have to pay extra for your tuition fees. We are talking about accommodation, travel tickets, accommodation costs, and more. If you add, you may find that you will need a larger monthly budget. This is one of the main benefits of an online bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Medicine. Programs are not always less expensive than traditional campus courses. But it removes all other costs associated with studying abroad. Another benefit of learning online is to create and manage your own system. You know those mornings when you can make sure you get out of bed, but you have an important class that starts at 8:00 AM. They are not good, especially when it is cold outside and even the weather asks you to stay home.
- General knowledge manual – Pearson
- General manual – Lucent’s
- General Knowledge – Prabhat Prakashan
- General Studies – Disha
- General knowledge 2020 – Arihant
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations – R.S. Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic – Rajesh Verma